Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Grilled Pork Loin Chops with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes

It’s starting to get warm enough outside that you can stand to be outside, and that makes me start thinking about grilling out. The cold never use to bother me, I would grill out in the middle of a blizzard, and I wouldn’t care. Now the older I get, the more I hate to be out in the cold. The other night it was so nice out I decided to fire up the grill for the first time this year. I didn’t have any steak, but I had some really nice pork loin chops. I wrapped them in bacon, then gave them a really nice sear on both sides, and cooked them through. I used the sauce from my first post as a garnish. As for an accouterment, I decided on these rosemary roasted potatoes. The recipe came from “The Essence of Contemporary Italian Cooking” cookbook that my lovely wife got me for my birthday. They turned out wonderful, and was a good complement to this fine meal. Give these a try, they are a simple way to change up ordinary potatoes.

2 pounds small potatoes washed and cut into chunks, peals on.
4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 TBS fresh rosemary leaves chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
Course sea salt

Preheat the oven 375, line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Toss the potatoes with 2 TBS of the olive oil. Spread them evenly on the sheet pan, and bake, turning occasionally until golden brown on the outside, and tender on the inside, about 30 Min. Remove the sheet pan, and drizzle remaining olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle the sea salt and the rosemary/garlic mixture, and toss together until the seasoning is warmed through, serve immediately.

2 comments: