Friday, January 22, 2010

Chocolate Sabayon


What can I say; this is the classic French dessert. My wife gets a huge smile on her face when she sees me making this. Serve this to your family and friends and they will walk around for a week saying “Did you try the sabayon?” This dessert is so smooth and creamy with a rich chocolate flavor that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. I served this last summer at our monthly dinner party, and everyone raved about it. Next month is our turn to host, and we are having a French theme, so I think I am going to serve this again. I don’t think anyone will mind.




Ingredients

6 tsp sugar
5 TBS dry Sherry
4 large egg yolks
2 TBS water
4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
a couple dollopes of whipped cream
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped

Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium metal bowl to blend. Set over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water) Using handheld electric mixer, beat mixture until thick, about 4 minutes. Remove from water and pour into bowls. Place in refrigerator until it cool add whipped cream and chopped chocolate for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment