Sunday, January 17, 2010

Creamy Tarragon Sauce


I love sauces! Sometimes they can make or break a dish. You can cook the same type of meet, or fish, and just by adding a different sauce with it, you have a totally different dish. It was to my surprise that when I walked into my local dollar store the other day I noticed a pile of books on clearance. In all these volumes of knowledge I came across a book of 84 sauces. At a bargain basement price of $2.00 I was soon the proud owner of this tantalizing text of culinary goodness. After getting it home I found a creamy tarragon cream sauce for vegetables that looked really good. The next night after work I stopped off at the grocery store and picked up all the ingredients I needed. I decided to serve this sauce with one of my favorite veggies, asparagus.


I blanched the asparagus, then rolled three or four of them into a premade croissant roll. They were good by themselves, but after placing them on a pool of this wonderful tarragon sauce, it was a little slice of heaven. This will help your kids eat their veggies.

Ingredients

½ cup real butter
2 TBS flour
1 TBS Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon dried tarragon
½ tsp salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 cup heavy cream

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper to melted butter; stir to form a thin paste. Slowly stir in heavy cream. Cook stirring constantly, 5 to 8 minutes or until thickens. Serve immediately.

1 comment: